Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Medora, ND

We left Billings and headed east -stopped to see where Clark had craved his initials in a rock along with indian markings. They are trying to perserve the area but so many others have craved names in the rock too. Guess tagging goes back along ways. We stopped in Miles City to see the historic ranching town and then onto Glendive - we were getting very close to the North Dakota border so we continued on. Dick wanted to spend some time in the badlands showing me where they hunt. I don't know how they find the same place twice - it all looks alike to me.
We had a dinner at Buffalo Gap - the best ribeye steak I have ever had - and a beautiful sunset.
The people were the friendliest we have had along the way. We spent the night in Medora and the next morning we played golf at Bully Pulpit -(everything in Medora has some reference to Theodore Roosevelt). I thought how hard can a golf course be in the middle of the Badlands - well I found out that I am good at taking pictures of the beautiful golf course - but by the time we finished I was exhausted - and they say that wasn't even the tough 9. The fall colors were gorgeous against the badlands and the green grass.

No comments: